New Zealand International Film Festival 2021
The 2021 New Zealand International Film Festival (NZIFF) features over 170 scheduled films from around the world and is proudly supported by Newstalk ZB.
Including the big winners of the Cannes Film Festival and other film festivals, there are a lot of big stars this year, so try something different and travel the world in your mind.
This year there is a strong lineup of New Zealand films – 16 in total and nine of them premiering at NZIFF 2021. There are also two collections of short films in competition: Bestand Ngā Whanaunga Māori and Pasifika New Zealand Shorts.
All details can be found at www.nziff.co.nz:
Some festival highlights include (Christchurch, Wellington and Dunedin):
- Opening with The power of the dog for which director Jane Campion won the Silver Lion for Best Director and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Kirsten Dunst.
- Plus award-winning films including Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, Titanium, and winners of the Grand Prix A hero and Compartment n ° 6.
- the drama of the Venice Film Festival, Event (Lion d’Or winner), Murina (with Kiwi actor Cliff Curtis) and Berlin Film Festival highlights such as Bad luck hit Where Crazy porn (Gold Bear winner) and Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy (Winner of the Grand Jury Prize).
- Stand out first in the country with the film festival for Christchurch to open the national festival – rise to the challenge and show your support.
- Get a 5-trip pass to see 5 movies yourself or share with friends
- Get a 10-trip pass to see 10 movies yourself or share with friends
For more information: